Go Steady (Senior Fall and Injury Prevention Program)
Managing patients with frequent falls and dizziness and identifying causes of their symptoms can be a complicated process. In fact, nearly 8 million people visited their PCP for the evaluation and treatment of dizziness. In 2000, direct medical costs totaled $19.3 billion for non-fatal fall injuries. In addition, many of these patients have significant difficulty leaving their homes and live in fear of falling. Heritage is very excited to offer our comprehensive senior fall and injury prevention program called GO STEADY With Heritage.
Heritage’s Go Steady program is designed for the homebound patient suffering from any of the following:
- prolonged dizziness, imbalance, or vertigo
- history of frequent falls
- not responsive to dizziness medications
Heritage’s Go Steady mission is to:
- effectively diagnose balance dysfunction
- develop individualized programs tailored to each patient’s needs
- successfully educate patients in fall prevention and home safety
- reduce symptoms and improve quality of life
Heritage’s Go Steady team includes:
- patient’s physician
- Heritage’s Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, and Occupational Therapists
For more information, call us today at 505-232-3300.